Welcome to the SGPIA resource page. Below you will find links to information to help you navigate the SGPIA program and utilize the benefits the program offers.
Visit the SGPIA page on The New School’s official site to learn about degree requirements, application information, program faculty, practice and thesis options, and program concentrations.
For general program and New School resource information for incoming students, you can view PowerPoint slides here.
Forms and Handbook:
- Research Portfolio Declaration Form
Resources for Practice, Thesis and Research Portfolio Options
- Research Portfolio:
Review about the Research Portfolio option to gain a better understanding of the practice option.
To enroll in Thesis Supervision, you must:
1. Complete the Thesis Registration Form
2. Once your thesis advisor has signed your thesis registration form bring it to Phil Akre, or to the GPIA Front Desk at 72 Fifth Avenue, 7th floor.
3. Upon submitting the thesis registration form you will receive the CRN for your Thesis Supervisor’s section, and be given permission in the system to register for that CRN (you cannot register until this permission has been granted).
To graduate in May 2016 you are expected to:
1. Have taken Thesis Supervision by Spring 2016.
2. Deposit your thesis by the May 2, 2016 deadline.
3. Submit the Thesis Checklist (above).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!